We made it to Friday. May have been tough for you, productive, or just plain exhausting but we made it hand here we are back with another lesson coming at you to wind down the week.
Today I wanted to spotlight the talented designer and brand Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavant. I wonder if it's ok to just him Val, Whew! Out of respect I'll be good and call him Mr. Valentino.
Here are some fast facts:
- As a the timeless greats he was born and raised in Italy and interned at many different fashion houses wile he developed his style.
- In 1964 Jacqueline Kennedy saw an outfit on a friend of a friend and hunted down the designer. Surprise it was Valentino. He immediately sent a ton of key pieces from his collection to Jackie's apt and she bought 6 pieces and you can see her wearing them in the year of mourning for her husband. He also designed her wedding gown to her marriage to Aristotle Onassis.
- High profile clients include Elizabeth Taylor, Andy Warhol, Audrey Hepburn, Naomi Campbell.
- In 2006 he had a cameo in the move The Devil Wears Prada
- The man LOVES his pugs. He has 6 and when they go to the airport on the jet they get a car to them selves to travel in style and then are pampered on the plane. These dogs got it made!!
That's it guys..Have a wonderful weekend.